Here's the breakdown
Costs: around $35
Materials: Rustoleum Furniture Transformations, paint brushes, drop clothes
Time: 1 weekend
Here's how the process works.
- Remove all cabinet doors and handles
- Degloss the cabinets (this is the quickest step and only requires the deglosser and a scrubbing pad).
- Let dry
- Paint the cabinets! Now here's a hint - and maybe I was just an idiot this day- make sure you get the kit tinted BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STORE. It's kinda hidden on the package but if you forget, you'll be like me and get through an entire coat before you realize there's something wrong...
- Let dry several hours/ overnight
- Second coat of paint!
- Let dry overnight
- (optional- I did this) apply decorative wood glaze
- Let dry
- Hang doors/ handles back on
Here's the final product!
I love my new cabinets... and $35 and 1 weekend totally transformed my bathroom. Hey, and even with my 'blond moment' I still got it done.