Christmas ornaments, while pretty, are ridiculously expensive. Not only that, but they are very commercial. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is pulling out the ornaments and looking at each one and remembering where it came from. As kids, we would argue about which ornament we got to put on the tree... especially if it was one we created. As adults... why not continue the tradition of creating your own custom ornaments - but let's make them a bit more classy. Here are 9 of my favorite DIY ornaments with tutorials on how to create them. Which one will you choose? I'll update this post with my progress of making it through all 9 ornaments. 2013 is going to be a BIG year for ornaments :).
- First House Key Ornament- simple but awesome. Great for your first (or second... or third) year in your home.By In My Style
- Washi Tape Ornaments by Odessamay Society. Never heard of Washi tape - it's the rave - and here's a great way to try it out.
- Hot glue snowflake ornament by Bethany at Pitter and Glink. I'm not sure about adding the glitter and modge podge but these look awesome classic as they are here!
- Vintage inspired ornaments by Motif Brophy. This uses scrapbook paper - what an awesome idea.
- Wedding invitation ornament by Two-Twenty-One. I love this one because it's a nice sentimental ornament. Great to make for someone who just got married too!
- Scrabble letter ornaments by My Sweet Savannah. Supplies needed: Scrabble letters, hot glue, scrabble stands
- Shabby Chic Shell Ball Ornament by Simply Salvage. Economical and beautiful - a kid could make these!
- Paint Dipped Ornaments by Laquer and Linen. Super easy, super stylish ornaments!
- Wishing spool byHelp my Budget. SImply write down what your kids want that year and put it on a spindle. Genius! Great idea to make with the kids!
Lemme know what you think and which ones you will be trying this holiday season!