With that said, I found a pic on Pinterest (see my nursery post) for the pic, of the phrase "READ TO ME" out of letters, that appeared to be covered with pages from books. I loved it! So I made it!
- letters, Hobby Lobby ($8 on sale)
- Mod Podge Glossy ($8)
- foam brushes ($1)
- used children's book ($1)
- acrylic paint for bare spots ($1, but I had it already)
- plastic for table/drying area
- repositionable mounting strips (haven't picked up yet)
Total Cost: $19
2) Lay out your letter backwards, on the back side of the page, and then flip to make sure you like the placement. (I traced it, just to be extra safe)
3) Add a light layer of Mod Podge to the front of the letter and place back in your selected spot on the back side of page
5) With the back side of the letter face-up, add Mod Podge to the exposed paper (this softens the paper and makes it more moldable)
6) Add Mod Podge to the sides and back of the letter, and flip the paper around, and add more Mod Podge
7) Once each letter is complete, add another light coat just to be safe!
9. Add a light layer of Mod Podge to the front of the letters, and you are done!
Tips & Tricks:- Use plastic when letting them dry. I used some newspaper, which stuck to my letters, and pulled off some of the front.